|USA Brand Name||Flagyl|
|Manufacturer||Abbott Healthcare, India|
Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet:
Metronidazole is the generic version for Flagyl 200 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
About Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole)
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Metronidazole, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is also used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and must be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott Healthcare, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Flagyl 200 mg Tablet.
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Metronidazole, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Bacterial infections
- Surgical prophylaxis
How Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole) Works:
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet has an active ingredient, Metronidazole, an antibiotic which kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Before You Use Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Metronidazole
- You are not having any serious Disease
- You do not have Liver/Kidney problems
- Your doctor must know about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
You should not take Flagyl 200 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Metronidazole, which is used the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and must be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Flagyl 200 mg Tablet at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole) to Be Used:
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Flagyl 200 mg Tablet.
How To Take The Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must gulp down the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush the tablet. Flagyl 200 mg Tablet must be taken with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
You are always advised to take Flagyl 200 mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger or smaller amount or for a longer time than recommended by your doctor. Do not stop the treatment abruptly on your own as it may cause withdrawal effects.
You should contact your doctor or visit the nearby hospital immediately if you are suspecting an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Flagyl 200 mg Tablet at a fixed time. A missed dose of Flagyl 200 mg Tablet should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dosage if it is the time for the next dosage. Do not double the dosage for next time if you missed once to make up the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Flagyl 200 Mg Tablet (Metronidazole):
- Blurred vision
- Burning or tingling sensation of hands and feet
- Fever and chills
- Skin rash
- Vaginal irritation
- Loss of appetite
- Yellow colored eyes or skin
- Abdominal pain
- Change in taste/ Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Flagyl 200 mg Tablet. It can produce some undesirable effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
- Lithium carbonate
Warning And Precaution:
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney Disease/ Liver Diseases
- It may cause drowsiness and dizziness
- It may lower the blood cell count and may lead to leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, and bone marrow aplasia
- It may cause neurological effects like convulsions and peripheral neuropathy
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Avoid driving or any other physical activity which requires your alertness as this medicine may cause dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness
- It should be used with caution in pediatric population
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information thoroughly written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dosage, time and strength of the medicine.
Flagyl 200 mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this tablet for shorter or longer time than recommended by the Doctor.Storage:
Store the Flagyl 200 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged while storing.