Retin-A gel 0.1% 20mg
The medicine is the best remedy for the acne, improvement or elimination of irregularities, wrinkles, rough skin, spots, hyper skin pigmentation, and photoaging. It slows down the process of melanin production, heals acne, smoothes wrinkles. The cream contains Tretinoin (retinoic acid) 0,1%. It cleanses the pores, eliminates roughness, improves skin texture, promotes early healing of acne. The result becomes clearly visible for six weeks of care.
The active ingredient of Retino-A cream is Tretinoin. The number 0.1% tells about the amount of the acting component in the remedy. Retino-A cream 0.1% is applied in thecuring of acne vulgaris and blackheads. The medication may also be used for reducing the signs of skin aging and in a complex therapy of acute promyelocytic leukemia (a type of cancer, which affects the ability of cells to get mature.
Besides, Retino-A cream 0.1% may be used off-label to restore the hair, lost because of alopecia. Nevertheless, you should obligatorily consult your healthcare provider prior to applying the cream no matter if you use in on or off-label.
The medication helps to reduce the number of pimples by enhancing the development and healing of the existing ones and preventing the appearance of the new areas affected by the disease. Retino-A cream 0.1% activates the growth of healthy cells thus diminishing the manifestations of acne.
Being a kind of retinoid preparation, Retino-A cream 0.1% has a number of contraindications to be taken into account before treatment. The medication is not recommended to:
- Pregnant women (especially in the first trimester of pregnancy) as it may lead to inborn malformations of the fetus.
- Lactating women. Tretinoin gets into the breast milk and may be harmful to a baby.
- Individuals allergic to Vitamin A products.
- People, whose skin is affected by any other ailment except acne. You should discuss the possibility of your treatment with a doctor to build up an individual tactic of the therapy.
- Women who are planning to get pregnant. Excess of retinoids in the human organism may affect the development of the embryo. That’s why it is better to stop the therapy a month before the planned pregnancy or use an effective birth control.
- Patients with the sunburns of the skin areas affected by acne.
The medication should be used on clean and dry skin. Don’t let Retino-A cream 0.1% contact with the eyes, inner surfaces of the mouth and nose, and with the cut or somehow injured skin.
Because the preparation speeds up the processes of skin renewal, the patients applying it for acne treatment usually notice that their skin condition gets worse. The number of pimples may increase as those, which have already been developing under the skin, get outside. Yet they will heal much faster than before treatment.
The first results of the treatment will be noticeable within two or four weeks. However, this is not the only unpleasant effect of Retino-A cream 0.1%. You may also experience:
- Redness and burning of the skin;
- Severe peeling of the skin;
- Itching and swelling of the areas where the cream is applied;
- Very dry skin;
- Allergy to Retino-A cream 0.1%.
The bulk of these reactions are temporary and will disappear as the treatment goes on. But in case you have an allergic reaction to the medicine (swelling of the tongue, throat, lips or face, difficulty breathing) seek emergency help. To prevent any adverse reactions, don’t use the cream without the doctor’s recommendation.